Forrestal Lecture Series
The Forrestal Lecture Series was established at the Naval Academy in May 1970 in honor of the late James V. Forrestal who, as one of the foremost proponents of seapower of our era, was instrumental in the development of the modern Navy.
The purpose of this lecture series is to enhance the education, awareness, and appreciation of the members of the Brigade of Midshipmen in the social, political and cultural dimensions of the Nation and the world. Featured are leading representatives from various walks of life - government, the arts, humor, literature, education, sports, politics, science, and other major fields on the national and international scene.
Spring Semester 2017 Forrestal Lectures
- Jan 23 - General James Amos, USMC (Retired) & Sergeant Major Carlton W. Kent, USMC (Retired)
- Apr 11 - General John R. Allen, USMC (Retired)
Fall Semester 2016 Forrestal Lectures
- Sep 12 - Admiral John Richardson, USN
- Oct 17 - Admiral James Stavridis, USN (Retired)
- Nov 14 - Dr. Vijay Kumar
Spring Semester 2016 Forrestal Lectures
- Jan 25 - Mr. Chris Inglis
- Apr 13 - Ambassador Samantha Power