LEAD and Staff billet Applications
There are two ways to apply for USNA Marine Detachment billets: the LEAD Master's Program via CCLEB, or regular faculty and staff billets via the USNA Staffing MARADMIN. The deadline for submitting FY22 CCLEB applications has passed. The FY22 staffing MARADMIN has been released, application details below.
Available Billets / Coordinating MARADMINs:
- CCLEB MARADMIN Applications (both LEAD & staff applications) are due 1 Aug 2021
- USNA MARDET Faculty & Staff MARADMIN Applications are due 29 Oct 2021
Applications should include:
- Command endorsement (first O5 in the Chain of Command)
- Academic transcipts (electronic preferred, unoffical are acceptable)
- Master brief sheet
- Letters of recommendation (optional)
Letters of recommendation and the command endorsement may be addressed to the U.S. Naval Academy Staff Selection Board.
Send applications to the MARDET Chief of Staff, LtCol Roy Nicka, at firstname.lastname@example.org and CC your monitor.
Questions may be directed to LtCol Nicka (410-293-6305) or to the MARDET Adjutant, Capt Audrey Graber (email@example.com, 410-293-6304).
Information for Marines Inbound to USNA
USNA Marines fall under Marine Barracks Washington (8th&I). Prior to arriving at USNA, you must check-in to Consolidated Admin (CONAD) at 8th&I.
Due to remodeling, 8th&I CONAD has relocated to the Washington Navy Yard (WNY), Building 220, 2nd Floor. Parking on WNY is extremely limited. We recommend you park outside of WNY and walk to one of the entrances.
- Monday/Tuesday: Service "B"/"C" seasonally
- Wednesday/Thursday: Woodland Utilities
- Friday: Blue Dress "C"/"D" seasonally
Notes: The barracks cover is the only cover authorized at USNA for wear with Service uniforms. You will need to have your Service "A" and Evening Dress or Blue Dress "A" readily available for various functions throughout the year.
Base (Yard Access): You can drive aboard USNA with a military ID. Gate access restrictions are below:
- Gate 1: Open Sun-Thurs 0600-1800/Fri-Sat 0600-0200 for vehicles, 24 hours for pedestrians with CAC (scan turnstile)
- Gate 3 : Open to pedestrians 24 hours with CAC (scan turnstile)
- Gate 8 : Open 24 hours for vehicles and pedestrians