The Writing Center
The Writing Center provides one-on-one consultations for all writing projects during any stage of the writing process. Our goal is to provide a professional and supportive environment where midshipmen, faculty, and staff can receive guidance from experienced writers.
For more information please see The Writing Center's Facebook page, or go to our intranet site.
The Writing Center is located in Nimitz Library (currently closed to in-person visits).
Virtual Writing Support
- Appointments available Monday-Friday, periods 1-7
- 40-minute real-time writing sessions with professional tutors
- Sign up for your desired time/date in Starfish; Google Meet link and instructions will be emailed
- Appointments available Monday-Friday
- Paper review and feedback completed by professional tutors in 24 hours
- Sign up for a 0500 "Asynchronous Writing
Consultation" in Starfish; instructions will be emailed
Live, One-on-One Writing
- Appointments available Sunday-Thursday, 2000-2200, in Mitscher Hall (Laboon Center)
- 30-minute live writing sessions with highly trained upperclass peer tutors
- Sign up for your desired time/date in Starfish; your session will take place in the Laboon Center