Induction Day Information
USNA Gate access for Induction Day
28 June and 29 June Gate Access (I-Day minus one and I-Day)
- Gate 8 Open 24 hours a day for both vehicles and pedestrians
- Gate 8 will be the only gate authorized for candidate vehicle entrance
- Gate 1 Vehicle Traffic: 6:00 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Gate 1 Pedestrian Traffic: 5:00 a.m. to 12 a.m.
- Gate 3 Pedestrian Traffic: 6:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Gate 3 Vehicle Traffic:
6:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.: INBOUND traffic only
9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.: CLOSED
3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.: OUTBOUND traffic only
6:00 p.m to 6:00 a.m.: CLOSED
*Please Note: In order to drive on to the Naval Academy yard, all parents will be required to undergo a background check and obtain a DBIDS photo ID. Information to obtain a DBIDS photo ID can be found here.
Due to congestion and increased security measures at the entrances to the Academy, it is recommended those reporting to the Naval Academy for admission and those traveling with them use the shuttle from Navy Marine Corps Memorial Stadium. There is a $5 charge to park at the Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium.
Important information for state driver’s licenses or identification cards from Maine, Minnesota, Missouri, and Montana: Due to the REAL ID Act of 2005, Pub.L. 109–13, 119 Stat. 302, enacted May 11, 2005, individuals presenting driver’s licenses or identification cards from the above states and territory must provide a second form of identification. Individuals who provide credentials from states that do not meet Real ID Act requirements must provide an additional approved form of ID listed in table 12-1 of CNICINST 5530.14a, Ashore Protection Program. This table can be found here.
Bus Service (Induction Day Only)
From 5:45 a.m to 10 p.m. USNA will provide bus service from Navy Marine Corps Memorial Stadium to Alumni Hall. At approximately 8 a.m. bus service will continue to the Visitor's Center and the Midshipmen Store parking lot.
Induction Day Livestream
To view the Induction Day livestream: https://campusinsiders.
- The Parent's Briefing is an excellent opportunity to hear from and ask questions of the Superintendent, Commandant, Academic Dean, and Athletic Director. The briefing will be held in Alumni Hall at 2:30 p.m.
- Drydock restaurant, located inside Dahlgren Hall, is a great place to get out of the heat and purchase food. Drydock will be open from 6:30 a.m. until 8:00 p.m. on Induction Day.