Induction Day Information
USNA Gate access for Induction Day
27 June and 28 June Gate Access (I-Day minus one and I-Day)
- Gate 8 Open 24 hours a day for both vehicles and pedestrians
- Gate 8 will be the only gate authorized for candidate vehicle entrance
- Gate 1 Vehicle Traffic: 6:00 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Gate 1 Pedestrian Traffic: 5:00 a.m. to 12 a.m.
- Gate 3 Pedestrian Traffic: 6:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Gate 3 Vehicle Traffic:
6:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.: INBOUND traffic only
9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.: CLOSED
3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.: OUTBOUND traffic only
6:00 p.m to 6:00 a.m.: CLOSED
*Please Note: In order to drive on to the Naval Academy yard, all parents will be required to undergo a background check and obtain a DBIDS photo ID. Information to obtain a DBIDS photo ID can be found here.
Due to congestion and increased security measures at the entrances to the Academy, it is recommended those reporting to the Naval Academy for admission and those traveling with them use the shuttle from Navy Marine Corps Memorial Stadium. There is a $5 charge to park at the Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium.
Bus Service (Induction Day Only)
From 5:45 a.m to 10 p.m. USNA will provide bus service from Navy Marine Corps Memorial Stadium to Alumni Hall. At approximately 8 a.m. bus service will continue to the Visitor's Center and the Midshipmen Store parking lot.
- The Parent's Briefing is an excellent opportunity to hear from and ask questions of the Superintendent, Commandant, Academic Dean, and Athletic Director. The briefing will be held in Alumni Hall at 2:30 p.m.
- Drydock restaurant, located inside Dahlgren Hall, is a great place to get out of the heat and purchase food. Drydock will be open from 6:30 a.m. until 8:00 p.m. on Induction Day.