USNA Weather Forecast
High pressure overhead on Friday and Saturday will result in sunny and pleasant conditions. The high will shift off the U.S. Southeast coast early next week. As a result, southerly flow will bring warm and humid conditions into the region. Meanwhile, a stalled front will linger across the Mid-Atlantic region with waves of energy riding along it. As a result, showers and thunderstorms will be possible Sunday through Tuesday. The exact location of the stalled front is uncertain, but given the humid condition, locally heavy rainfall is possible, along with isolated strong or severe storms. Please monitor updates over the weekend and early next week from the National Weather Service at www.weather.gov/lwx.
Note: Due to personal leave, the next regularly scheduled forecast likely will not be issued until 18 June, 2019. However, depending on how the stalled front shakes-out this weekend, an update(s) may be distributed to the USNA Weather email list early next week. Please monitor updates from the National Weather Service at www.weather.gov/lwx.
Five Day Forecast:
- Friday: Sunny and cool. West wind 10-15 mph, gusting to 30 mph. High near 75 oF.
- Saturday: Mostly sunny and pleasant. A slight chance for showers overnight (20% chance). South wind 10-15 mph. Low: 60-64 oF. High: 80-84 oF.
- Sunday: Partly sunny and warm with increasing humidity. Showers and thunderstorms possible in the afternoon, evening, and overnight (40% chance). Southwest wind 10-15 mph. Low: 64-68 oF. High: 86-90 oF.
- Monday: Partly sunny, hot, and humid. Showers and thunderstorms likely in the afternoon, evening, and overnight (60% chance). Some storms could be strong or severe, and may contain locally heavy rainfall. Southwest wind 8-13 mph. Low: 70-74 oF. High: 88-92 oF.
- Tuesday: Overcast and warm with showers and thunderstorms possible (40% chance). West wind 5-10 mph. Low: 70-74 oF. High: 84-88 oF.
ISSUED: 13 June 2019 at 2210
NEXT FORECAST: 18 June 2019
FORECASTER: Meteorologist A.R. Davies
Follow USNA Weather for Updates!