USNA Weather Forecast
A cold front will likely pass the area this evening with scattered showers and thunderstorms. Some storms may become strong to severe. Out ahead of the front, southwesterly flow will warm temperatures into the upper 70’s on Friday, despite the cloud cover. The front will stall just to our south on Saturday with waves of energy developing along the front throughout the weekend. The timing and intensity of the rain on Saturday remains unclear with a considerable spread in model guidance. At this time, it looks like any lingering rain associated with the frontal passage on Friday night will likely be out of the area by sunrise on Saturday. The next wave of energy will likely arrive Saturday evening, however there is a chance for scattered passing showers to start streaming into the area beginning around midday on Saturday, before the steadier rain arrives in the evening and overnight. Once the rain arrives Saturday night, expect off and on periods of rain through Tuesday.
Five Day Forecast:
- Friday: Morning fog will give way to partly sunny skies and seasonably warm conditions. Passing rain showers are likely through midday with scattered thunderstorms in the afternoon/evening (70% chance). Southwest 5-10 mph. High near 77 oF.
- Saturday: Mostly cloudy with a chance for light passing rain showers throughout the day (30% chance). Periods of rain are likely in the evening and overnight (70% chance). North wind 5-10 mph. Low: 54-58 oF. High: 62-66 oF.
- Sunday: Mostly cloudy and seasonably cool with rain likely (70% chance). Northeast wind 5-10 mph. Low: 48-52 oF. High: 58-62 oF.
- Monday: Cloudy and cool with rain likely (70% chance). Northeast wind 8-13 mph. Low: 48-52 oF. High: 60-64 oF.
- Tuesday: Partly cloudy with scattered rain showers. Northeast wind 10-15 mph. Low: 48-52 oF. High: 60-64 oF.
ISSUED: 21 April 2017 at 1030
NEXT FORECAST: 25 April 2017
STUDENT FORECASTER(S): 1/C Arnold, 3/C Wegner, 3/C Balser
FORECASTER(S): Meteorologist A.R. Davies, Associate Professor B.S. Barrett
Follow USNA Weather for Updates!