The Naval Academy Hydromechanics Laboratory (NAHL) is fully staffed/configured to support a wide variety of experimental needs. NAHL staff members are well prepared to provide the following technical assistance:
- Regular Class/Course Support (Core Courses, Elective Courses, etc.)
- Capstone Project Support
- Independent/Honors Research Project Support
- Faculty/Sponsored Research Support
- General Engineering Consultation (Project Formulation, Brainstorming, etc.)
- Computational Support (Microsoft Excel, MATLAB, MaxSurf, Rhinoceros, SolidWorks, and Other Modeling/Simulation Tools)
- Detailed Prototype Design (Design for Fabrication/Manufacturability, Including 3D-Printing)
- Part/Component Ordering/Acquisition
To review the current facility calendar, click here (and scroll to the bottom of the page). To schedule the use of any NAHL resources, please send an e-mail directly to the NAHL Branch Head.
In addition to browsing the current NAHL website, please consider the following documents during the experiment/research planning process:
- NAHL Experiment Planning & Preparation Form (MANDATORY for Support) (Updated: JUL 2019)
- Please coordinate with your course instructor, research advisor, and/or research sponsor, as applicable, to complete this form. NAHL staff members are always available to assist you with any corresponding questions. Once you have printed/started this form, please schedule a consultation with the NAHL Branch Head to discuss your plan/proposal. A reviewed/approved form is required before starting any experimentation.
- NAHL Procedure for Planning and Running Research Projects (Updated: SEPT 2021)
- Please refer to this guide as you develop a plan for your research project. This document will aid you during the planning, preparation, execution, and wrap-up phases of your project.
- NAHL Instrumentation (Updated: JAN 2016)
- USNA NAHL Facility Introduction (Updated: APR 2012)
- USNA NAHL Facility Details (Updated: APR 2012)