SM222, Differential Equations with Matrices
On this page, you will find information for SM222, Differential Equations.
Congratulations! You are now embarking on the journey that is Differential Equations! Possibly the most exciting course you will take at the Naval Academy. The course will comprise of Homeworks, Quizzes, Tests, Final exam, and a semester-long project.
This semester, all of the information about class will be posted to a Google Classroom.
Textbook: Differential Equations with Boundary Value Problems, 9th ed., by Dennis G. Zill and Warren S. Wright.
Syllabus: Posted on Google Classroom.
Course Policies: Posted on Google Classroom.
Homework: Posted on Google Classroom.
Project Assignments: Posted on Google Classroom.
- Study Skills: The value you get out of this course is proportional to the effort you put into it. Keep in mind that the primary goal (and your responsibility) is not just doing the problems, but rather understanding the material. Exercises that ask for verbal explanations should be answered in complete sentences. Suggestions on how to study mathematics may be found on pp. 8-10 of the Academic Center's Academic Success Handbook.
- Addition sources of extra instruction:
- The Midshipman Group Study Program (MGSP) will be available evenings from Sunday through Thursday. Upper-class midshipmen will help you work on mathematics problems in groups. More information will be available early in the semester.
- The evening tutor program may be accessed using Starfish. See here for details.
- The Academic Center offers non-credit voluntary Supplemental Instruction Classes.
- Supplementary material: The mathematics department website has practice tests, old exams, and other useful material.