Internal Research Proposals Format
|From:||Name, rank, department|
|To:||Academic Dean and Provost|
|Via:||(1) Chair, Department of ______|
|(2) Director, Division of _______|
|(3) Director of Research and Scholarship|
|Subject:||SUBMISSION OF NARC RESEARCH PROPOSAL ENTITLED "________"|
|Ref:||(a) ACDEANINST 3920.1M|
(1) NARC Year-End Summary Report
(after first grant)
1. Enclosure (1) is attached for review by NARC in accordance with reference (a).
2. SUMMARY OF RESEARCH. (Non-technical language; first page only.)
3. PROBLEM STATEMENT AND BACKGROUND. (Detailed)
4. METHOD OF INVESTIGATION AND INVESTIGATOR'S EXPERIENCE.
5. VALUE OF PROJECT TO THE ACADEMY, NAVY OR FIELD OF STUDY.
6. OUTSIDE COMMITMENTS. (Indicate details of outside teaching, consulting, professional societies, etc. demanding on your time.)
7. RESEARCH AWAY FROM THE NAVAL ACADEMY. (Give locations and dates when research will be performed away from the Naval Academy.)
8. RESUME. (Include publications in the categories of monographs, journals, conference papers, and reports
indicating the level of your contributions for multiple authors, and NARC-supported publications.)
9. BUDGET (Operation and Maintenance, Navy funds)
LABOR:(1) Number of days personal funding (give dates)
(2) Number of days technical and clerical support
(1) Equipment: (2) Supplies: (3) Materials: (4) Travel (List destinations and objectives.) (5) Purchased Services: