Former Midshipmen Seeking Readmission
- Former midshipmen seeking readmission to the Naval Academy must submit a package to the Academic Board. The Academic Board reviews readmission requests in the Spring and Fall time frame each year. If there are extenuating or compelling reasons to request readmission other than the scheduled Academic Boards, a written request must be submitted to the Dean of Admissions. All documents must be received by the Readmissions Coordinator by April 14, 2022 for review by the Spring Academic Board.
- To be eligible for consideration you:
a. Are required to be physically detached for one year prior to readmission.
b. Must not be past your 27th birthday on July 1st of the anticipated year of graduation.
- Do not complete any other Naval Academy admissions forms from when you were initially accepted (pre-candidate questionnaire, online application, contact card, etc.). Doing so will only delay your request for readmission.
- Do not apply for or seek a nomination from any authorized source (congressional nomination, vice presidential nomination, etc.).
- Begin this process by writing a letter to the Dean of Admissions requesting readmission to the Naval Academy. Once your letter is received by the readmission coordinator a letter response will be sent to you with further information and directions. Your letter should include:
a. When, why and any events leading up to your separation.
b. Any accomplishments, milestones, achievements, or actions you have made since separation as well as actions to correct any deficiencies that led to separation (if applicable).
c. Why you feel the Academic Board should consider your readmission request.d. If approved, which class/classes you request for summer school (if applicable).
- The completed readmission package should include:
a. Physical Readiness Test (PRT) form. Certifying Officer must be a commissioned officer or other authorized designated appointee. Questions regarding the PRT may be addressed to Chief Micah Siegfried via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
b. Department of Defense Medical Evaluation Review Board (DoDMERB), Present Health Questionnaire form. The form needs only self-certification and does not require a physician’s signature. Do not send to DoDMERB.
c. Official transcripts of any classes you have taken since separation. Also include current classes in progress or awaiting grades.d. Letters of recommendation from educators, mentors, supervisors, managers, clergy, or political officials that can attest to your current circumstances. Average included in a package is three.
ALL DOCUMENTS MUST BE ORIGINALS WITH ACTUAL SIGNATURES.
PHOTOCOPY, SCANNED OR FAX DOCUMENTS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- Mailing address for all correspondence:
United States Naval Academy
Office of Admissions
Attn: Readmission Coordinator
52 King George Street
Annapolis, MD 21402
- If you have any academic related questions (classes needed, when you would be readmitted if approved, etc.) please contact Professor Pamela Schmitt via email email@example.com .
- If you have any additional readmission program questions please contact Ms. Frances Thompson via email firstname.lastname@example.org .
OFFICE OF ADMISSIONS
UNITED STATES NAVAL ACADEMY