Thinking of a career as a coder, game developer, designer, or robotics engineer? Then start with the experience of a world-class program like the Naval Academy’s Summer STEM Program.
STEM is all about exploring, creating, building, and making things better, and at our Summer STEM Program, you’ll do just that. You’ll work with students from all over the country as you test your problem-solving, creativity, and collaboration skills.
The application will close on April 15, 2024.
* Please note this session runs during a Federal holiday. Also, we are aware that some school districts are still in session during our programs. Unfortunately we cannot adjust our dates given facility availability and our midshipman training schedules..
** Sessions vary by grade level and students may only attend the designated session for their grade.
- Why Should You Attend
- Student Selection Criteria
- Program Fee and Travel
- Additional STEM Camp Opportunities: SAME STEM Camp
Top 5 Reasons to Attend Summer STEM5. Interact with USNA Midshipmen
4. Design and Build Exciting STEM Projects
3. Learn from USNA Faculty
2. Meet New Friends
1. Experience STEM with the #1 Top Public College in the Country and #4 "Best Undergraduate Engineering Program", #6 National Liberal Arts Colleges in the Country (released 2022 U.S. News & World Report College Ranking Report)
What we’re looking for:
- Students entering 9th - 11th grade
- Evidence of strong accomplishments inside and outside of the classroom
- Strong academic performance
- Strong PSAT, SAT or ACT scores (where applicable)
- A strong interest in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math
For over 30 years, before STEM was being promoted, the Society of American Military Engineers (SAME) has been advancing events and activities and offering scholarships designed to excite students to become engineers.
SAME, in collaboration with the military services, offers a series of week-long, STEM Engineering & Construction Camps designed for High School students who excel in math, science and technology courses and are interested in pursuing engineering, architecture, or related fields in college.
Each of our camps has their unique curriculum, with the common thread being: challenging environment, hands-on activities, mentors who are young engineers, long term resources for alumni.
For more information visit the SAME website.
The week of Summer STEM will provide participants with the opportunity to grow in character, academics, and teamwork.
Arrival and Registration, Strike Group Formation, Intramurals, Welcome Orientation
Field Trip (Smithsonian Museums), Movie Night
STEM Academic Modules, Intramurals, Evening Picnic, Travis Manion Foundation Presentation
STEM Academic Modules, Intramurals, USNA Academics and Majors Expo, Shaved Ice Social
STEM Academic Modules and Intramurals (Session 1 and Session 2)
Closing Ceremony and Departure (Session 3)
Closing Ceremony and Departure (Session 1 and Session 2)
*Schedule varies depending on session
And much, much more!