Previous Candidates & College Candidates
If you applied before but were not appointed to the Naval Academy (or if you did not apply in high school), you may reapply for admission with a subsequent class. The application process is the same with one exception. If you have completed your DODMERB physical the previous year, this will be valid for two years. During your reapplication year, you will have to complete a simple form verifying your continued health.
Please read the following information before applying:
- If you are taking college or prep school courses, we suggest you take courses similar to those required of first-year midshipmen, such as calculus, chemistry, English, and history.
- You must fill out a preliminary application to restart the admissions process.
- You must apply for a nomination the year you re-apply.
- Retake the ACT/SATs if you were not completely satisfied with your scores.
- Send in your college transcript as soon as it becomes available in January. College candidates cannot be reviewed until their first semester grades have been received.
- If you are a re-applicant, write a new personal statement (do not use the same statement you used last year). It is important that we see how you have grown since becoming a college student.
- Adhere to the following rules for your math and English letters of recommendation (this is extremely important and failure to adhere to these rules will delay your application is being reviewed):
- If you are a re-applicant and you used your senior year teacher last year, you can use either your senior year teacher with a new recommendation or your college professor this year. You can not reuse last year's recommendation.
- If you are a re-applicant and you used your junior year teacher last year, you may use either your senior year teacher or your college professor.
- If you are a first-time college applicant who graduated high school last year, you may use your senior year teacher or your college professor.
- If you are a college applicant who graduated from high school more than one year ago, you need to use your college professor.