Cemetery and Columbarium
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who is eligible to be buried at the US Naval Academy Cemetery? Who is eligible to be inurned in the Columbarium?
- Please see Eligibility Requirements.
- Who do I contact to make burial or inurnment arrangements?
- Please see Contact.
- Who are some of the famous people buried at the US Naval Academy Cemetery?
- Please see Notable Monuments. The Notable Monuments page is not an exhaustive listing of the notables at the US Naval Academy Cemetery, but rather a sampling of such individuals.
- Where is the US Naval Academy Cemetery located?
- The Cemetery is located on the grounds of the United States Naval Academy in Annapolis, Maryland.
- How can I visit the Cemetery and Columbarium?
- Since the Cemetery and Columbarium are located on the grounds of the US Naval Academy, certain security restrictions must be adhered to in order to visit. Please see Visiting.
- Where can I obtain a map of the US Naval Academy Cemetery?
- To download a map of the cemetery use this link.
- To download a plan of the columbarium use this link.
How large is the Cemetery?
- The Cemetery (not including the land on which the Columbarium is located) is approximately 6.7 acres.
- How large is the Columbarium?
- The Columbarium contains 2,448 niches. The Columbarium was designed for expansion and will grow as the need arises.
- Where can I find information on burial at sea?
- You can find this information at https://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/support/casualty/mortuary/Pages/BAS.aspx.
- How do I request my military service record (DD form 214)?
- Please see http://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/ for instructions.