Getting Started - Your First Day
Check In With Human Resources
On your first day of work you will check in with Human Resources. (We will coordinate this day with you).
The Human Resources Office is located in Halligan Hall (just outside of gate 8, near the baseball field).
Our mailing address:
181 Wainwright Road, Annapolis MD 21402
Access to Building and Parking
Human Resources is located outside of the campus’s gates. You may park at any spot marked with a yellow triangle.
For security reasons, our building is locked, so please give us a call at 410-293-2808 to be let into the building.
What to Bring
1. To verify your identity and employment eligibility:
- a valid Passport; or
- a combination of (1) valid driver’s license and social security card; or (2) valid driver’s license and original or certified copy of birth certificate.
2. You will need to sign a couple of forms electronically at check in. In order to electronically sign your forms, please write down and bring:
- Your On-boarding Manager user name and password
3. Your eQIP signature pages – if you did not submit them previously.
The Oath of Office
You officially become a federal employee of the Naval Academy employee once you have taken the Oath of Office.
We will take your fingerprints electronically as soon as possible after you become a USNA employee. This step is essential to ensure that you get a Common Access Card (CAC) card which allows for facility entrance, computer access, etc.
Appointments are available in 20 minute intervals on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm.
You will be contacted by Human Resources to schedule your appointment.