LEAD Program Application
Navy Officers applying for the LEAD program need to complete the following application and submit it to their detailer, as well as provide an additional original copy of their transcripts to the LEAD Program Manager in accordance with the NAVADMIN.
Marine Officers should comply with all requirements of the MARADMIN wrt the CCLEB and if they are interested in the LEAD Program they should complete the LEAD Program Application and send it to the LEAD Program Marine Liaison. While this application most likely will contain duplicate information that is being provided to the CCLEB through the questionnaire process, it IS NOT a substitute for required communication with the CCLEB IAW the MARADMIN. Applications due to USMC LEAD Program Marine Liaison NLT 14 AUG.
LEAD Program Director (Marine's should include (Marine Liaison) in the address line)
112 Cooper Road Mail Stop 7C
Annapolis, Maryland 21402-1305
Email single pdf attachment with all enclosures to:
1. Application (click here for application)
2. Official Military Photo (click here for sample)
3. Personal Statement - Addressing your reason for application to the lead program, how the program fits into your career goals, and your expectations of the program. Must use Standard Naval Letter format.
4. Biography (click here for sample)
5. A Copy of Undergraduate and Graduate (as applicable) Transcripts
6. A Copy of GRE Score -OR- Official statement of unavailability due to operational commitment.
a. USN: Statement on Command Letterhead with a copy of orders.
b. USMC: Administrative Action NAVMC 10274 form with copy of orders.
7. Chain-of-Command Endorsement (click here for sample)
8. Additional Letters of Recommendation - As desired.
PRIVACY ACT STATEMENT: Authority: 10 U.S.C. 5013, Secretary of the Navy; 10 U.S.C. 5041, Headquarters, Marine Corps function, composition; OPNAVINST 1510.10C, Corporate Enterprise Training Activity Resource System (CeTARS), Catalog of Navy Training Courses and Student Reporting Requirements; MCO 1580.7D Schools Inter-service Training; OPNAVINST 1524.3; E.O. 9397 (SSN), as amended; and SORN NM01500-2. Purpose: For training administration and planning. Routine Uses: Used by the LEAD Program Selection Board to determine eligibility for the LEAD Master’s Program. The DoD Blanket Routine Uses that appear at the beginning of the Navy’s compilation of systems of records notices apply to this system. Disclosure: Voluntary; however, failure to provide the required information may result in a delay or inability to process the application or denial into the programhttps://www.usna.edu/