Permit to Report
Congratulations and Welcome to the Naval Academy Family!
In order to ensure you followed all instructions and filled out everything correctly, please print the following two documents before you continue:
*We will not be mailing out Permit to Report Packages.
This electronic version is the Permit to Report package.*
#1: For any forms where you are seeing the "Please wait...." message, please download and save the form to your computer. When you open the downloaded form from your computer files, it should open up in the Adobe program installed on your computer (not in an Adobe Reader in an internet browser such as Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge). Once the form opens in the Adobe program, there will be a button in the upper right corner that says "Enable All Features." Please click "Enable All Features" in order for the forms to actually load.
#2: Please disregard "Alpha Number" requests within the forms. Your alpha number will be provided closer to I-Day. Additionally, please disregard "DOD/DOD ID" requests within the forms unless you are a military dependent or active duty.
Bus Service (I-Day Only)
USNA will provide bus service from:Navy Marine Corps Memorial Stadium (5:30 am to 8 pm.) to Alumni Hall (5:30 am. to 5 pm.)
Gate 1 (5 pm. to 8 pm.)
Please return these forms within 2 weeks of receiving the PTR email or as soon as possible. Numbered items correspond to a sub-section of this booklet and are also available on this website. The electronic Permit to Report package is divided into five sections:
Section I: Immediate Action Items for Commandant of Midshipmen
Tells you what forms you must complete immediately.
- Permit to Report Letter (Received via email from Admissions, bring with you on I-Day)
- Medical Forms (mail to address on checklist and bring a copy on I-Day)
- I-Day 2023 MRG - Mini Registration Form
- Record of Immunization Form (information only, no action required)
- COVID-19 Vaccine Screening and Immunization Documentation (DHA Form 207) (optional)
- Routine Immunization Screening Form: Adult (DD Form 3111)
- Immunization Record for United States Naval Academy Appointees
- U.S. Naval Academy Candidate Glasses Prescription Form
- Letters from the Academics
- Information about the USNA Class of 2027 Academic Background System (ABS)
- Associate Provost for Academic Affairs Welcome Letter (information only, no action required)
- Sponsorship Program
- Commandant Sponsorship Letter (information only, no action required)
- United States Naval Academy Plebe Sponsor Questionnaire
- Uniform Measurement Form
- Personal Swearing-In Ceremony Form
Section II: Administrative Preparations: Complete for Induction Day
Tells you what forms you must complete and bring with you on Induction Day, or what other actions need to be done before you report.
- Agreement to Serve (USNA 1531/178 (12-20) – sign, date, and bring two (2) copies
- Letter re: Servicemember’s Group Life Insurance (SGLI) (information only, no action required)
- Instructions for Completing the Dependency Application/Record of Emergency Data (NAVPERS 1070/602)
- Notice Regarding Maintenance of Private Medical Insurance
- SF-86 Completion Instructions (Information only, no action required)
- Questionnaire for National Security Positions (Standard Form 86)**Please fill out and print this document to bring with you on I-Day. In August, you will use this hard copy to help assist in filling out the electronic version with the Security Office.**
- Guide for the Standard Form (SF) 86 (information only, no action required)
Section III: Disbursing Forms: Complete prior to and for Induction Day
Tells you what forms you must complete and send prior to Induction Day and which forms you must bring with you on Induction Day.
- Midshipmen Disbursing Office Coversheet/Checklist (print and staple to the front of all Section III forms)
- SF1199A Direct Deposit Sign-Up Form (information only, no action required)
- USNA 4600/8 - Request and Authorization for Midshipmen Accession Travel (information only, no action required)
- 1351-2 Travel Voucher or Subvoucher (information only, no action required)
- Advance for Clothing and Equipment (ACE) Loan Information (information only, no action required)
- Scholarship Money, and Personal/Charitable Donations (information only, no action required)
- Midshipman Pay/Navy Federal Credit Union
- State of Legal Residence
Section IV: Miscellaneous Items
Discusses several important issues that will better prepare you for Plebe Summer.
- Letter from the Commandant re: Navy’s Policy on Drug and Alcohol (information only, no action required)
- Instructions for Using the Enclosed Plebe Summer Press Release (information only, no action required)
- United States Naval Academy News Release (optional)
- Getting Physically Prepared for the Naval Academy (information only, no action required)
- Letter from the Commanding Officer of NSA Annapolis re: DBIDS credentials (information only, no action required)
- How to Complete SECNAV 5512.1 (information only, no action required)
- Department of the Navy Local Population ID Card/Base Access Pass Registration (SECNAV 5512/1)
- Command Chaplain Letter/USNA Dietary Needs & Religious Accommodation Questionnaire
- Social Media Profile Etiquette Information
- United States Naval Academy Alumni Association and Foundation Welcome Letter (for parents)
Please return these forms within 2 weeks of receiving the PTR email or as soon as possible. Bring a hard copy of all forms with you on I-Day.
Additional information can be found here: https://www.usna.edu/PlebeSummer/iday.php
If you have any questions or concerns, contact the Naval Academy Admissions Office at 410-293-1858.
*Adobe® Reader® is required for viewing or downloading PDF files. If it is not installed on your computer, you can download the free program from the Adobe® download site.