Recent Trident Scholar Classes
Select from the list of Class year.
For detailed abstracts of projects, Please view the Trident Scholar Abstracts.
The symbol Ψ next to a midshipman's name denotes the recipient of the Trident Scholar Prize for the best Trident Scholar project for that year.
From 1964 to 2013, the award was named the Office of Naval Intelligence Harry E. Ward Trident Scholar Prize. In 2014, the award was renamed the Class of 1979 Trident Scholar Prize.
Accomplishments of Recent Tridents
- Megan Hanson ('19) graduates first in the class
- Robert Chung ('19) wins Trident Scholar Prize
- Thomas Imhoff ('19) awarded Gates Cambridge Scholarship
- Carter Burn ('18) wins Trident Scholar Prize
- David Liedtka ('18) awarded Knight-Hennessy Scholarship
- Michael Walker ('18) awarded Churchill Scholarship
- Chris Cantillo ('18) awarded Marshall Scholarship
- Casey Densmore ('18) studies hurricanes
- Chris Panuski ('17) wins Trident Scholar Prize
- Ethan Doherty ('17) graduates first in the Class of 2017
- Chris Panuski ('17) awarded 2017 Hertz Fellowship
- Chris Panuski ('17) selected as a 2017 Gates Cambridge Scholar
- Tim Tracey ('16) named to Cambridge University Blue Boat
- Thomas Wester ('16) wins Trident Scholar Prize
- Andrea Howard ('15) wins Trident Scholar Prize
- Andrea Howard ('15) awarded Marshall Scholarship
- Zane Markel ('15) leads USNA to win in 2015 CDX (Cyber Defense Exercise) competition
- Fletcher Rydalch ('15) wins Best Undergraduate Presentation in the Measurement and Detection Division at the American Nuclear Society (ANS) Student Conference, April 2015.
- Sam Lacinski ('15) among the awardees for the Outstanding Service Academy Students in Aerospace
- Brynn Umbach ('14) wins Trident Scholar Prize (USNA)
- Andrew Tresansky ('13) wins Harry E. Ward Prize
- Nicholas LaSalle ('13) published in Naval Engineers Journal
- Christopher Galvin ('13) wins high honor
- Jennifer Jones ('13) wins student award
- Andrew Rydalch ('13) and Christopher Galvin ('13) place at ASME competition