Electronic transcripts are available through the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC). PDF transcripts are currently only available to midshipmen and alumni in class years 1963 to present. The NSC charges a small processing fee, but we do not add any additional charges or fees for transcripts. Most colleges and universities accept transcripts sent through the NSC as official documents, but you may want to double-check with the receiver to confirm they will accept transcripts submitted via the NSC service.
A transcript explanation key is included as an attachment with each e-Transcript we send, but to view that document, you must open the Attachments panel in Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat by choosing the following menu path: View > Show/Hide > Navigation Panes > Attachments. That panel can also be opened by clicking on the paper clip icon on the left-side of the Adobe program. Or, you can download a copy by clicking on the following link: Transcript Key
Most eTranscript requests will be processed within 1 business day. The Clearinghouse provides tracking notifications (email and/or text alerts) to keep you updated on the status of your request. To track your order, please follow the link below or reference your order confirmation email:
Printed Transcripts or Class Years prior to 1963
If you require a printed transcript, or your class year was prior to 1963, please complete and sign the request form below and then email the completed form to email@example.com. Please be aware there could be delays in Yard-mail and/or regular mail delivery, and we are not able to provide tracking information for printed transcripts.
Form Download (if you receive a "Please wait..." message when you click on the form link below, please download the file and open it with Adobe Reader instead of viewing it in your internet browser):
If you are unable to download/complete the dynamic PDF form above, you can download, complete and sign the following static version of the form: Transcript Request Form
If you prefer, you may type your own written request. If you chose this option, please include the following information:
- the name of the student
- the "wet" signature of the student *REQUIRED*
- the class year in which the student graduated or would have graduated
- an alpha number or last four digits of social security number for the student
- the number of copies requested and whether these should be individually sealed with a signature across the seal (Please note that we reserve the right to limit numbers of copies - many schools and employers require transcripts to come directly from the institution)
- a mailing address to which each transcript should be sent (we cannot fax or send them as email attachments)
- a daytime telephone number or other means of contacting the student should there be a question
- We are not able to expedite requests or offer expedited shipping.
- IMPORTANT - All requests must include the following statement above the signature:
"By signing below, I declare under penalty of perjury that the foregoing is true and correct."
Submit completed, signed requests:
- By Email to firstname.lastname@example.org (standard file formats only - examples: pdf, gif, bmp, jpg) with visible signature
- By Fax to (410) 293-2327
- Mail to:
Office of the Registrar
United States Naval Academy
589 McNair Rd MS 10K
Annapolis, MD 21402-5031
Transcript requests are handled in turn, usually within 1 business day. For planning purposes, please add at least 3 business days for internal mail processing in addition to USPS delivery times. Registrar's Office staff can assist with any questions and may be reached at (410) 293-6383 or email email@example.com.
Background Investigators submitting Transcript Requests
Investigators conducting background checks, please submit releases using the DoD Safe system to firstname.lastname@example.org. Most requests are processed in 1-2 business days and records are returned via DoD Safe. If you only need a verification of attendance or degree completion, you must use the National Student Clearinghouse's degree or enrollment verification services.