The Registrar's Office is closed to visitors, but we are able to process transcript requests.
Electronic transcripts are now available through the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC). PDF transcripts are currently only available to midshipmen and alumni in class years 1963 to present. The NSC charges a transcript processing fee ($2.50-3.50 per request depending on selected services), but we do not add any additional charges or fees for transcripts. Most colleges and universities accept transcripts sent through the NSC as official documents, but you may want to double-check with the receiver to confirm they will accept transcripts submitted via the NSC service.
Most eTranscript requests will be processed within 1 business day. The Clearinghouse provides tracking notifications (email and/or text alerts) to keep you updated on the status of your request. To track your order, please follow the link below or reference your order confirmation email:
Printed Transcripts or Class Years prior to 1963
If you require a printed transcript, or from a Class year prior to 1963, please complete and sign the request form below and then email the completed form to email@example.com. At this point in time, the office is closed to visitors so pick-up is not available. We can mail hard copies, but for class years 1963-now we highly recommend the e-Transcript option to reduce paper transfer.
TRANSCRIPT REQUEST FORM
If you are unable to download/complete the form above, you can send a written request. Please include:
- the name of the student
- the "wet" signature of the student *REQUIRED*
- the class year in which the student graduated or would have graduated
- an alpha number or last four digits of social security number for the student
- the number of copies requested and whether these should be individually sealed with a signature across the seal (Please note that we reserve the right to limit numbers of copies.)
- a mailing address to which each transcript should be sent (we cannot fax or send them as email attachments)
- a daytime telephone number or other means of contacting the student should there be a question
- We are not able to expedite requests or offer expedited shipping.
- IMPORTANT - All requests must include the following statement above the signature:
"By signing below, I declare under penalty of perjury that the foregoing is true and correct."
Submit completed, signed requests:
- By Email to firstname.lastname@example.org (standard file formats only - examples: pdf, gif, bmp, jpg) with visible signature
- By Fax to (410) 293-2327
- Mail to:
Office of the Registrar
United States Naval Academy
589 McNair Rd MS 10K
Annapolis, MD 21402-5031
Transcript requests are handled in turn, usually within 1 business day. For planning purposes, please add at least 3 business days for internal mail processing in addition to USPS delivery times. Registrar's Office staff can assist with any questions and may be reached at (410) 293-6383 or email email@example.com.
Investigators conducting background checks, please submit releases using the DoD Safe system to firstname.lastname@example.org. Most requests are processed in 1-2 business days and records are returned via DoD Safe. If you only need a verification of attendance or degree completion, you can use the National Student Clearinghouse's verification services.