Protestant Chapel Community
The United States Naval Academy's Protestant Community is
EMBRACED BY GOD'S GRACE AND LIVES FOR HIS GLORY
FORMING SPIRITUAL LEADERS WHO ARE:
GROWING IN CHRIST, GOING IN SERVICE, AND SHOWING THE GOSPEL TOGETHER!
GROWING IN CHRIST
Rather, you must grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. All glory to him, both now and forever. Amen.MISSION: We grow in our knowledge of Jesus by educated discipleship, edifying worship and dependent prayer.
Volunteer Ministries for Growing in Christ
- CHAPEL CHORALE – provide inspirational choral music that glorifies God and enhances the over-all worship experience for those attending the 1100 Worship Service in the Main Chapel. Rehearses Tuesday evenings from 1800-1900 and Sunday mornings from 1020-1150. Coordinator: Director of chapel choirs and chapel organist: Monte Maxwell, email@example.com
- CHRISTIAN EDUCATION – offer Sunday School classes in Sampson Hall from 0940-1040 for preschool through adults, including midshipmen. Also, offer Vacation Bible School (VBS) during the summer. Coordinator: Charlene Carr, Director of Christian Education, firstname.lastname@example.org
- COMMUNION SERVERS – prepare and serve holy communion at the 1100 Worship Service on the first Sunday of each month.
- LITURGIST TEAM – read prescribed Scripture lessons during the 1100 Worship Service. Readers include midshipmen and civilian volunteers.
- PRAYER TEAM – pray for individuals who share their concerns via written requests placed in the prayer box at the 0815 Worship Service in Saint Andrews Chapel or the entrance of the Main Chapel at the 1100 service.
GOING IN SERVICE
Again He said, “Peace be with you. As the Father sent me, so I am sending you.”MISSION: We enable each worshiper to serve, in Christ’s Name, those on the Yard, in our community and beyond.
Volunteer Ministries for Going in Service
- FISHERMAN’S TABLE – provide hospitality, fellowship and outreach focused on bring chapel congregants and midshipmen together for a potluck meal in the Laboon Center six times each year. POC: Pastor Bart Physioc, email@example.com
- LAY EUCHARISTIC MINISTRY TEAM – provide the consecrated Eucharist to congregants unable to attend Worship Service. POC: Pastor Bart Physioc, firstname.lastname@example.org
- LIGHT HOUSE SHELTER MINISTRY – prepare and provide hot breakfast on the first Sunday of each month to residents of the Light House Shelter in Annapolis. POC: Pastor Bart Physioc, email@example.com
- MILITARY MOTHERS OF PRESCHOOLERS (USNA Chapel Sponsored) – provide time for military moms to develop relationships through speakers, discussion groups, creative activities and fellowship over a shared meal. Coordinator: Charlene Carr, firstname.lastname@example.org
- SEATED CHAPEL TOUR – welcome visitors by providing a 15 minute seated tour under the dome of the Chapel following the 1100 Worship Service. POC: Pastor Bart Physioc, email@example.com
- VIDEO TEAM – records every 1100 Worship Service. Recordings are transferred to DVDs, which are provided upon request. POC: Pastor Bart Physioc, firstname.lastname@example.org
- VISITATION TEAM – visit congregants who are sick, hospitalized or no longer able to attend services due to health issues. POC: Pastor Bart Physioc, email@example.com
SHOWING THE GOSPEL
In the same way, let your good deeds shine out for all to see, so that everyone will praise your heavenly Father.MISSION: We make the invisible God visible on the Yard, locally within our relational networks and to the ends of the earth!
Volunteer Ministries for Showing the Gospel
- BRIGADE AWAY USHERS – assume acolyte, usher and offertory duties when the Brigade of Midshipmen are away from the Academy. Brigade Away Usher assignments are made in advance with a watch list promulgated for each academic semester. POC: Pastor Bart Physioc, firstname.lastname@example.org
- CHAPEL GUILDS – performs essential functions in direct support of the chaplains and worship services by enhancing the beauty of the Main Chapel and Saint Andrews Chaple. Guilds include: Altar Flower; Chrismon; Linen; Needlepoint; Silver & Brass; Wedding Hostess. POC: Pastor Bart Physioc, email@example.com
- INFORMATION CENTER TEAM –provide hearing aid devices for those in need, assist people who want to sign-up for a DVD of the 1100 Worship Service, dispense devotional materials, provide applications for parking passes and give activity bags to children. POC: Pastor Bart Physioc, firstname.lastname@example.org
- GREETER TEAM – welcome people to chapel services with a friendly greeting, taking notice especially of visitors, and providing information on services and ministry opportunities. POC: Pastor Bart Physioc, email@example.com