EN442: Ocean Engineering Structures II
EN442: Ocean Engineering Structures II (2-2-3).
A course in structural design theory and practice. Basic structural elements of offshore and coastal structures are designed using current engineering design codes. Topics include material properties, connection methods, and design of steel, composite, and concrete structures.
Civil Engineering Reference Manual (CERM) for the PE Exam, Michael R. Lindeburg, PE, Professional Publications, Inc.
- To have a fundamental understanding of structural analysis and design.
- To apply current design codes for steel and concrete.
- To have a basic understanding of composite materials.
- To analyze/design structures for the marine environment.
- To incorporate computer analysis in design optimization.
EN441 Ocean Engineering Structures I
- Introduction to Steel Design
- Structural Properties of Steel
- Steel Beam Design (AISC)
- Steel Column/Pile Design (AISC/API)
- Steel Connection Design
- Introduction to Concrete Design
- Properties of Reinforcing Steel
- Strength Design of Reinforced Concrete Beams
- One-way Floor Slabs
- Retaining Wall Design
- Reinforced Concrete Column Design
- Introduction to Composites
- Composite Materials
- Composite Design
- Composite Performance
- Composite Case Studies