Research In The Spotlight
NAOE students and faculty are active in numerous research activities, and the diversity of their projects illustrate the breadth and depth of the fields of naval architecture and ocean engineering.
Student research projects include independent research projects (EN49X) and Trident Projects. In general, students must work with a faculty adviser.
NAOE faculty and students have performed sponsored research for numerous government agencies and institutions, including:
- Naval Facilities Engineering Service Center (NFESC)
- Navy Research Lab (NRL)
- Naval Surface Warfare Center (NSWC)
- National Science Foundation (NSF)
- Office of Naval Research (ONR)
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE)
- U.S. Coast Guard (USCG)
Additional sponsorship from private and commercial agencies has also supported several research projects performed by our faculty and students.
View the Students' Research Posters by Academic Year: