Weapons, Robotics, and Control Engineering
Prof. Svetlana Avramov-Zamurovic
Laser light propagation in maritime environment
Education & Training
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, University of Maryland, College Park, MD, 1994
- M.S. in Electrical Engineering, College of Technical Sciences, University of Novi Sad, Yugoslavia, 1990
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, College of Technical Sciences, University of Novi Sad, Yugoslavia, 1986
- Professor, Department of Weapons, Robotics, and Control Engineering, United States Naval Academy, Annapolis, MD, August 1994 – Present
- Guest Scientist, National Institute of Standards and Technology, Gaithersburg, MD, September 1990 - Present
- Graduate-Research Assistant, Institute for Physical Science and Technology, University of MD, September 1990 - August 1994
- S. Avramov-Zamurovic, C. Nelson, J. Esposito, "Effects of underwater optical turbulence on light carrying orbital angular momentum and its classification using machine learning," Journal of Modern Optics, pp. 1041-1053, Aug. 2021.
- S. Avramov-Zamurovic, C. Nelson, and J. Esposito, “Comparison of vortex structure as a function of topological charge for beams carrying OAM through underwater optical turbulence”, Imaging and Applied Optics (COSI, IS, MATH, pcAOP), OSA Technical Digest (Optical Society of America), 2021.
- S. Avramov-Zamurovic, A. Watnik, R. Lindle, P. Judd, J. M. Esposito, “Machine learning aided classification of beams carrying orbital angular momentum propagated in highly turbid water," Journal of the Optical Society of America A, vol. 37, no. 10, pp. 1662-1672, 2020.
- J. Wiedemann, C. Nelson, S. Avramov-Zamurovic, "Scintillation of laser beams carrying orbital angular momentum propagating in near-maritime environment”, Opt. Communications, 458, 12486, 2020.
- S. Avramov-Zamurovic, A. Watnik, R. Lindle, P. Judd, “Designing beams carrying OAM for high speed underwater commination system," Journal of the Optical Society of America A, vol. 37, no. 5, pp. 876-887, 2020.
- M. Hyde, S. Avramov-Zamurovic, “Generating dark and antidark beams using the genuine cross-spectral density function criterion”, J. Opt. Soc. Am. A 36, pp. 1058-1063, 2019.
- S. Avramov-Zamurovic, C. Nelson, M. Hyde IV, “Experimental study: underwater propagation of super-Gaussian and multi-Gaussian Schell-model partially coherent beams with varying degrees of spatial coherence”, OSA Continuum. 2, pp. 450-459, 2019.
- S. Avramov-Zamurovic, C. Nelson, “Experimental study: Underwater propagation of polarized flat top partially coherent laser beams with a varying degree of spatial coherence” Optics Communications 424, 54-62S, 2018.
- S. Avramov-Zamurovic, J. M. Yoo, N. G. Dagalakis “Capacitive displacement sensor for detecting planar submicrometer motion," Research of Scientific Instruments, vol. 87, no. 6, pp. 065001, 2016.
- S. Avramov-Zamurovic, C. Nelson, S. Guth, O. Korotkova,” Flatness parameter influence on scintillation reduction for multi-Gaussian Schell-model beams propagating in turbulent air”, Applied optics 55 (13), 3442-3446, 2016.
- C. Nelson, S. Avramov-Zamurovic, O. Korotkova, S. Guth, and R. Malek-Madani, “Scintillation reduction in pseudo Multi-Gaussian Schell Model Beams in the maritime environment” Optics Communications, 364, 145-149, 2016.
- Yong-Sik Kim, N. G. Dagalakis, C. Ferraris, and S. Avramov-Zamurovic, “Design of a 1 DOF MEMS motion stage for a parallel plane type rheometer”, Electronics 19 (2), 45, 2015.
- S. Avramov-Zamurovic, C. Nelson, R. Malek-Madani, and O. Korotkova “ Polarization-induced reduction in scintillation of optical beams propagating in simulated turbulent atmospheric channels”, Waves in Random and Complex Media 24 (1), 69-82, 2014.