Weapons, Robotics, and Control Engineering
Asst. Prof. Paola Jaramillo Cienfuegos
Biomechanics and Bioinspired Robotics, Biomedical Engineering
Education & Training
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, Virginia Tech, 2015
- M.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Rutgers University, 2008
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, University of Hartford, 2003
- B.S. in Biomedical Engineering, University of Harford, 2003
- A.S. in Engineering Science, Norwalk Community College, 1999
- Assistant Professor, Department of Weapons, Robotics, and Control Engineering, United States Naval Academy, Annapolis, MD, 2016 – Present
- Instructor, Virginia Tech, 2015 - 2016
- Summer Scholar (HACU), National Science Foundation, 2012, 2013
- Graduate Research Assistant, Virginia Tech, 2010 - 2015
Professional Memberships and Qualifications
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Biomedical Engineering Society (BMES)
- American Society of Biomechanics (ASB)
- Rittenhouse, Howard, Michael Bishop, Michael Zeller, Perry Jenkins, Jonathan Yake, Ronald Adrezin, Michael Plumley, Paola Jaramillo Cienfuegos, and Michael Daeffler. "Modular system and apparatus for treating wounds." U.S. Patent 10,973,528, issued April 13, 2021.
- E.C. Camp and P. Jaramillo Cienfuegos, "Modeling and analysis of hydraulic piston actuation of McKibben fluidic artificial muscles for hand rehabilitation," International Journal of Robotics Research, to appear, 2019.
- P. Jaramillo Cienfuegos, A. Shoemaker, R. W. Grange, N. Abaid, and A. Leonessa, "Classical and adaptive control of ex vivo skeletal muscle contractions using Functional Electrical Stimulation (FES)" PloS One, vol. 12, no. 3, e0172761, 2017.
- F. Barroso, D. R. Bueno, J. A. Gallego, P. Jaramillo, and A. Kilicarslan. Surface EMG in Neurorehabilitation and Ergonomics: State of the Art and Future Perspectives. In Emerging Therapies in Neurorehabilitation, pp. 267-284, Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg, 2014.