Weapons, Robotics, and Control Engineering
Assoc. Prof. Jeremy J. Dawkins
Dynamics and Control Theory, Mobile Robotics, Multi-Agent Systems
Education & Training
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, Auburn University, 2011
- M.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2008
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, North Carolina A&T State University, 2006
- Associate Professor, Department of Weapons, Robotics, and Control Engineering, United States Naval Academy, Annapolis, MD, August 2019 – Present
- Assistant Professor, Department of Weapons, Robotics, and Control Engineering, United States Naval Academy, Annapolis, MD, August 2012 – August 2019
Professional Memberships and Qualifications
- NCEES Fundamentals of Engineering Exam, 2006
Open Source Software
- E.J. Rodriguez-Seda and J.J. Dawkins, “Decentralized Cooperative Collision Avoidance Control for Unmanned Rotorcraft with Bounded Acceleration” Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, Vol. 41, No. 11, pp. 2445-2454, 2018.
- J.J. Dawkins and L. Devries, “Modeling, Trim Analysis, and Trajectory Control of a Micro-Quadrotor with Wings”, Drones, Vol. 2. No.2, Art. 21.
- L. Devries and J.J. Dawkins, “Multi-vehicle Target Tracking and Formation Control in Non-inertial Reference Frames," in Prod. of the American Control Conference, Milwaukee, WI, 2018.
- J.J. Dawkins, R. Crabbe, and D. Evangelista, “Deployment and Flight Operations of a Large Scale UAS Combat Swarm: Results from DARPA Service Academies Swarm Challenge” in Proc. of the International Conference on Unmanned Aerial Systems, Dallas, TX, 2018.