Weapons, Robotics, and Control Engineering
Asst. Prof. Violet Mwaffo
Biomechanics and Bioinspired Robotics, Machine Learning, Multi-Agent Systems
Education & Training
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, New York University School of Engineering, 2017
- M.S. in Financial Engineering, New York University School of Engineering, 2012
- M.Sc. in Statistics, University of Versailles Saint-Quentin Yvelines and National Advanced School of Statistics and Applied Economics Abidjan, 2003
- B.Sc. in Statistics, National Advanced School of Statistics and Applied Economics Abidjan, 2002
- Assistant Professor, Department of Weapons, Robotics, and Control Engineering, United States Naval Academy, Annapolis, MD, August 2020 - Present
- Research Associate, Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Colorado Boulder, 2017 - 2020
Professional Memberships and Qualifications
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- V. Mwaffo, P. De Lellis, and S. Humbert, “Formation Control of Stochastic Multivehicle Systems,” IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, 2021.
- V. Mwaffo, J.S. Curry, F.L. Iudice, and P. De Lellis, “Pause-and-Go Self-Balancing Formation Control of Autonomous Vehicles Using Vision and Ultrasound Sensors," IEEE, Transactions on Control Systems Technology, 2020.
- V. Mwaffo, J. Keshavan, T. Hedrick, and S. Humbert, “Detecting intermittent switching leadership in networks of coupled dynamical systems”, Scientific Reports, 8, 2018.
- V. Mwaffo, P. Zhang, S. Cruz, and M. Porfiri, “Zebrafish swimming in the flow: a particle image velocimetry study”, PeerJ, 5, e4041, 2017.
- V. Mwaffo, S. Butail, and M. Porfiri, “In-silico experiments of zebrafish behavior: modeling swimming in three dimensions”, Scientific Reports, 7, 39877, 2016.
- V. Mwaffo and M. Porfiri, “Linear analysis of the vectorial network model in the presence of leaders”, Automatica 58, 160-166, 2015.
- V. Mwaffo, R.P. Anderson, S. Butail, and M. Porfiri, “A jump persistent turning walker to model zebrafish locomotion”, Journal of the Royal Society Interface, vol. 12, no. 102, 2015.
- V. Mwaffo, P. De Lellis, and M. Porfiri, “Criteria for stochastic pinning control of networks of chaotic maps”, Chaos, vol. 24, no. 1, 2014.