Benefits Open Season
What is Open Season?
This is the time of year to ensure that you have the right health, dental or vision insurance coverage for you and your family. It is also time to consider the money you can save on your out-of-pocket medical and dependent care expenses for the upcoming year.
When is Open Season? Open Season Has Been Announced!
Open Season is 8 November 2021 and continues through 13 December 2021.
What changes can you make during the Benefits Open SeasonFederal Flexible Spending Account Program (FSAFEDS)
- During the annual FASAFEDS Open Season, anyone eligible to participate in the FASAFEDS Program may enroll in a FASAFEDS - a health care and/or dependent care account. Unlike with other programs, employees MUST re-enroll in FSAFEDS each year to participate. Enrollments DO NOT carry over from year to year.
- During the annual FEDVIP Open Season, anyone eligible to participate in the FEDVIP Program may enroll in, change, or cancel an existing enrollment in a dental and/or vision plan under the FEDVIP Program.
- During the annual FEHB Open Season, anyone eligible to participate in the FEHB Program may enroll, change health plans or options, cancel your FEHB enrollment, and change participation in premium conversion (waive or begin participation).
Open Season Resources
- 2021 Federal Benefits Open Season Announcement
- 2021 Federal Benefits Open Season Highlights
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance Premiums for 2022
- 2021 Online Virtual Benefits Fair
Want more information?
- Healthcare Comparison Tool : opm.gov/healthcare-insurance/healthcare/plan-information/compare-plans/
- Check out OPM's webpage dedicated to FAQs about Open Season(type "open season" in search bar): https://www.opm.gov/FAQS/topic/insure/