How to Schedule an Appointment:
Does your reason for coming to MDC require that you be seen today? If unsure, see below.
- Please come down to MDC to complete our intake questionnaire. This is required for all first-time appointments, regardless of your reason for coming to see us.
- Read through our confidentiality information below (this will also be provided in the MDC).
- Once your intake questionnaire is complete and you have read through the confidentiality page, the front desk manager, Melissa Torres, will help you schedule an appointment with a counselor.
- You may schedule follow up appointments with either your counselor or with Melissa Torres at the front desk. If you don't want a follow-up appointment right away, you can always reach out to your counselor or Melissa Torres at a later date.
Need to be seen today? We got you covered.
The staff at MDC is aware that emergencies requiring immediate attention exist. For clients who need same-day services, we have counselors available every weekday during lunch hour (1200-1330) and after classes (1530-1600). Other times might also be available for same-day appointments.
Our same-day services are designed to assist students who are confronting life-threatening circumstances, current or recent traumatic events, or serious mental illness. Please read below to see if same-day services are right for you.
Circumstances that might require same-day services:
- suicidal thoughts or recent suicidal attempt
- thoughts about harming another person
- recent assault or abuse
- concern about your own safety
- experiencing panic, feeling faint, or believing that you might die
- hallucinations (seeing or hearing things that aren't there)
- knowledge of another person being abused or assaulted
- knowledge of another person's suicidal thoughts
- recent death of a loved one
- witnessing or experiencing a traumatic event
If you believe your situation is a crisis that cannot wait for a regularly scheduled appointment, please come down to MDC. A counselor will meet with you today and will make recommendations as to how to proceed.
If you are reading this after our normal office hours, contact Main Office 410-293-5001 to reach the Duty Chaplain. Or, you may reach out to a peer adviser, who can get you in contact with the duty chaplain.
Below is a link to a detailed description of our limits to confidentiality.
Still not sure?
Feel free to call 410-293-4897 to speak with a counselor at MDC.
You can also email MDC at email@example.com, or walk down to MDC to ask your questions.
And if you're still having doubts, you may ask a counselor all your questions at the beginning of your appointment. If you aren't comfortable with the answers, you may leave, no questions asked.