How to Schedule an Appointment:
Does your reason for coming to MDC require that you be seen today? If unsure, see below.
- Please come down to MDC to complete our intake questionnaire. This is required for all first-time appointments, regardless of your reason for coming to see us.
- Read through our confidentiality information below (this will also be provided in the MDC).
- Once your intake questionnaire is complete and you have read through the confidentiality page, our office manager will help you schedule an appointment with a counselor.
- You may schedule follow up appointments with either your counselor or with our office manager at the front desk. If you don't want a follow-up appointment right away, you can always reach out to your counselor or the office manager at a later date.
Need to be seen today? We got you covered.
The staff at MDC is aware that emergencies requiring immediate attention exist. For clients who need same-day services, we have counselors available every weekday during lunch hour (1200-1330) and after classes (1530-1600). Other times might also be available for same-day appointments.
Our same-day services are designed to assist students who are confronting life-threatening circumstances, current or recent traumatic events, or serious mental illness. Please read below to see if same-day services are right for you.
Circumstances that might require same-day services:
- suicidal thoughts or recent suicidal attempt
- thoughts about harming another person
- recent assault or abuse
- concern about your own safety
- experiencing panic, feeling faint, or believing that you might die
- hallucinations (seeing or hearing things that aren't there)
- knowledge of another person being abused or assaulted
- knowledge of another person's suicidal thoughts
- recent death of a loved one
- witnessing or experiencing a traumatic event
If you believe your situation is a crisis that cannot wait for a regularly scheduled appointment, please come down to MDC. A counselor will meet with you today and will make recommendations as to how to proceed.
If you are reading this after our normal office hours, contact Main Office 410-293-5001 to reach the Duty Chaplain. Or, you may reach out to a peer adviser, who can get you in contact with the duty chaplain.
Below is a link to a detailed description of our limits to confidentiality.
Still not sure?
Feel free to call 410-293-4897 to speak with a counselor at MDC.
You can also email MDC at firstname.lastname@example.org, or walk down to MDC to ask your questions.
And if you're still having doubts, you may ask a counselor all your questions at the beginning of your appointment. If you aren't comfortable with the answers, you may leave, no questions asked.
The appearance of external hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the U.S. Navy of non-U.S. Government sites
or the information, products, or services contained therein.