Computer Science Elective Courses
- Mobile OS Development - Develop apps for Android phones!
- High Performance Computing - Run your code on a Cray supercomputer, even one at a DoD center or national lab!
- Natural Language Processing - Learn how computers can gain understanding from text, such as inferring sentiment from social media posts!
- Artificial Intelligence - Learn the fundamentals of how computers can act as Agents, by planning, learning, and making inferences!
- Computer Graphics - Understand the mathematics and computing technology behind the rendering of 2D and 3D graphical images!
- Computer and Network Security - Learn about cryptography, analyze network security vulnerabilities and apply appropriate defensive mechanisms!
- Advanced Web and Internet Programming - See the latest cutting-edge techniques for building complex, interactive web applications!
- Research and independent study courses - Faculty regularly work with individuals or small groups of students on emerging topics from machine learning to quantum computing. In most cases these can also fulfill a required SCS major elective.
- And many more...
Computer Science Tracks
Data Science Science Elective Courses
Data Science students are required to take 4 elective courses. One of these courses must be taught by the Math or Computer Science Departments, and one must be taught by another department. The remaining two electives are up to the student from the list of offered courses. Some electives offered to Computer Science students may also be open to Data Science students. Departments including Oceanography, Electrical Engineering, and History are preparing elective courses that will teach students about how to apply data science skills to diverse problems in their fields. More information on specific courses will be available in the Spring of 2023.