Computer Science Courses
- IC210 Intro to Computer Science
- IC211 Object-Oriented Programming
- IC220 Computer Architecture and Organization
- IC221 Systems Programming
- IC312 Data Structures
- IC322 Computer Networks
- SI340 Theory of Computing
- SI335 Computer Algorithms
- IC411 Operating Systems
- SI413 Programming Languages and Implementation
- IC470 Software Engineering
- IC480 Research Seminar/Capstone
Click the above picture to access the full SCS matrix.
(required for all freshmen)
- SI110 Introduction to Cyber Security Technical Foundations
Restricted ElectivesSCS majors must take at least one of the following:
Unrestricted ElectivesIn addition to one restricted elective, SCS majors must take at least two other electives from the following:
- Any restricted elective not already taken as a restricted elective.
- SI462 Advanced Computer Graphics
- IT430 Computer and Network Security
- IT432 Advanced Computer and Network Security
- IT452 Advanced Web and Internet Systems
- IT460 Human Computer Interaction
- IT462 Advanced Database Systems
- IT470 Enterprise Computing
- IT472 Mobile OS Development
- Any SI 485/486/495/496 course, as long as it is at least 3 credits.
- Any IT 485/486/495/496 course, as long as it is at least 3 credits, and does not have the letter U,V, or W appended (e.g. IT485A is fine but IT485U is not).
Students should expect that not all the courses listed will actually be offered (due to small enrollments). Those students will be expected to select an alternate choice if the course is unavailable.
- SI204 Introduction to Computer Science
- SI221 Data Structures
- SI200 Information Systems for the Junior Officer
SI204, SI221, SI250, and SI283 may not be used to satisfy a CS major elective requirement. However, SI250 may be used as a "free elective". Also, SI204 can count for IC210.