Midshipmen Development Center
MISSION: MDC exists to promote and enhance the adjustment, well-being, and development of midshipmen through psychological and nutritional counseling services and through consultation and training to the U.S. Naval Academy faculty and staff responsible for midshipmen development, while respecting diversity of gender, race, sexual orientation, and culture.
We are available to you for mental health, sports/performance, and nutritional counseling.
To make a new or follow up appointment: Scheduling is best done via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by leaving a phone message (3-4897). The MDC spaces are open by appointment only.
- To make a follow up appointment:
- Call or email: email@example.com, (410-293-4897), or just schedule your next appointment before you leave your current appointment at the MDC.
- Students requesting NEW appointments (new to MDC, no previous appointments):
Hours: Monday - Friday 0730-1600. Appointments are scheduled during regular schedule class periods 1-6.
- Contact your company staff for assistance or support
- Duty Chaplain can be reached through Main Office or your chain of command
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255 or you can dail 988, which has been designated as the new three-digit dialing code that will route callers to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, or chat options at the website: https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/talk-to-someone-now/
- Military One Source 800-342-9647 or online chat at
Continue to take care of yourselves and each other and reach out for assistance.
Emotional Support Help Line for COVID-19
Free access to specially trained mental health specialists to support people experiencing anxiety or stress around COVID-19.
Managing Stress and Anxiety during COVID-19.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has created this resource related to mental health and coping during COVID-19.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline:
800-273-8255 or you can dail 988, which has been designated as the new three-digit dialing code that will route callers to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. or chat options at the website:
911 for all emergencies
The appearance of external hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the U.S. Navy of non-U.S. Government sites
or the information, products, or services contained therein.