The Naval Academy Prep School (NAPS) is located on Naval Station Newport, Newport, RI. All family members and guests fall under CNICINST 5530.14A for entry onto Naval Station Newport. Compliance by Naval Station Newport and NAPS is mandatory.
1. Do you have a DOD issued CAC card?
If yes, you may use your CAC card for entry onto Naval Station Newport.
2. Are you 17 years OR younger and a US Citizen?
If yes, you are not required to be vetted for entry onto Naval Station Newport.
If you answered NO to the above questions you will need to be vetted for entry onto Naval Station Newport.
BASE ACCESS IS A TWO PART PROCESS:
Part One: The vetting process:
- Each person who wishes to enter Naval Station Newport MUST fill out Form SECNAV 5512.
(Directions are included at the end of the form and below under Completing Form SECNAV 5512.)
- All forms must be sent to the NAPS Sponsor, Tyler Grayson, Athletic Director, NAPS.
- Coach Grayson will email you when he opens and reviews your forms.
- Once your forms are correctly filled out, they will be sent to base security for the vetting process. This can take 7-10 working days.
- If cleared you are eligible for enty onto Naval Station Newport and your name will be posted the the Base Access Cleared List (located below)
- If denied access to Naval Station Newport, please review the attach "What to do if you are denied" attachment instruction.
- Your forms will be destroyed after the results are received by Coach Grayson.
- Incorrect Forms - Any forms not filled out correctly will also be destroyed after Coach Grayson contacts you and requests you to correct the form and resubmit.
- Once vetted your clearance will last for 179 days.
YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO RESUBMIT A NEW FORM FOR VETTING .
Completing Form SECNAV 5512
Please read the following directions BEFORE completing the form. The form must be fully completed and legible for Naval Station Security to accept for processing.
- Blocks 1 through 12: Complete all requested information.
- Block 13: Check social security number
- Block 14 Social security number (required for vetting process to access base). DO Not fill in blocks 15, 16, 17, or 18. For non-citizens, please fill in your driver's license or passport numbers.
- Block 19 through 24: Complete all requested Information.
- Bock 25-26: NOT REQUIRED FOR PERSONAL GUESTS OR VISITING TEAMS.
- Block 27: Write in purpose of your visit.
- Block 28: Check Yes or No AND initial in space provided.
- Block 29: Read then initial in space provided.
- Block 30: Read then initial in space provided.
- Block 31: Sign and date form
Email the form to:
or Mail it to:
Tyler Grayson - NAPS Athletics
440 Meyerkord Ave
Newport, RI 02841
Please understand you are sending personal information through email or the US Mail. I am willing to work with everyone to make sure your information is fully protected. Once I receive it, only I and base security will see the information. After you are cleared I will destroy all forms and emails containing the information.
Base Access Cleared List
Please check here in advance of your scheduled visit to see if you have been cleared for access to Newport Navy base.
Part Two: Access to Naval Station Newport
- All family members and guests of the command or our midshipmen candidates must be vetted for access to Naval Station Newport before entering base (Part One).
- Base access will be granted to NAPS events only (I-Day, athletic events, surgeries, holiday pickups, graduation). Base access will NOT be submitted for general visits. If you want to access base for a general visit, please contact your midshipmen candidate about escorting you onto base.
- Once your name is on the Base Access Cleared List, your name will automatically be submitted to base security for access when there is a NAPS event (no need to email beforehand to request access).
- When arriving at the gate all visitors will be required to provide identity documents to the guard.
- Please review the Acceptable Identity Proofing Documents
- You will be denied access to Naval Station Newport WITHOUT proper identity documents regardless of your cleared status. You must prove who you are with proper documents for access.
- You will be denied access to Naval Station Newport WITHOUT proper identity documents regardless of your cleared status. You must prove who you are with proper documents for access
- Fill out Form SECNAV 5512
- Submit to Coach Grayson – 60 Days before you desire access to Naval Station Newport.
- When you send in the form please note in your email or letter you are a non-citizen.
Visiting Team Access1. The visiting team will be escorted by NAPS Athletic Games Management personnel.
2. The NAPS Game Management Coach will escort the team from Gate 1 to the game site and remain with the team throughout their stay on Naval Station Newport.
3. The Visiting Team Representative must work with NAPS Athletic Director to have all bus drivers, van drivers cleared before driving onto Naval Station Newport. Please have each driver fill out Form SECNAV 5512 and submit to the NAPS Athletic Director thirty (30) days before access to Naval Station Newport is required.
4. Coaches, training staff and team members do not need to fill out the form, NAPS will escort them onto base.
Thanks, Coach Grayson